1. I (live) ______________ in Seattle for five years.
2. ..... his mother (do) _______ the washing-up.
3. Last month I decided to buy a new car, and today I finally (buy) __________ it.
4. When I (clean) ______________ the house, .....
5. I (find) ___________ some old love letters.
6. I (stop) ____________ because the car was making a funny noise.
7. I (come) ___________ to see her twice, but she wasn’t home.
8. Robin Hood was a character who (steal) ____________ from the rich and gave to the poor.
9. (You, have) ______________ a good time in Brazil? Yes, I had a blast!
10. We (have) ______________breakfast when she walked into the room.
11. I (still, eat) ___________ when the waitress took my plate.
12. When Jane (do) _________ a language course in Ireland, ......
13. We (not/watch) _________________ the match very carefully, so we missed the winning goal by Benson.
14. My sister and I (not/like) _________________ my aunt when we were little. She wasn't very nice to us.
15. When Rose met Bob, she (think) _______________ he was very charming.
16. A: Was Paula here this morning?
B: No, she wasn't. She (visit)__________ her friend in hospital.
17. A: We started our company only six months ago.
B: Really? I (not/know) ______________ that.
18. While we (stay) ___________ with my grandparents, we found a big box of family photographs.
19. When I saw Simon last week, he was carrying five big plastic bags. They (contain) _________ lots of old clothes and shoes that he wanted to throw away.
20. I (not/listen) _____________ to Kate and Rachel's conversation, but then suddenly I heard my name.
21. (You / wait) __________ for a bus when I saw you last night?
22. Andy (hurt)__________ his knee while he was playing tennis.